At Safari Learning® Transitional Kindergarten, Kindergarten – 1st Grade Academy it is our mission to work diligently to reach ALL students according to their needs and abilities. It is our goal to teach to the WHOLE child by encouraging self-discovery, a love of learning, to care for others as well as well as oneself, and an empathy and appreciation of the diversity we see in other people, cultures and customs.
We help parents, as first teachers, to participate in their child’s Kindergarten – 1st Grade experience as an extension of the child and family. Parents, children, teachers, aides, and the director work as a team in the best interests of each child and actively communicate to insure maximum student growth and parental support.
We provide a fully integrated Transitional Kindergarten, Kindergarten – 1st Grade curriculum based on the Zoo-phonics® Multisensory Language Arts Program and Methodology (as directed by Zoo-phonics®, Inc. the originator of Safari Learning® Company and Safari Learning®)and designed to build each child’s physical, social, emotional, academic and mental development. Respect and appreciation for our earth’s beauty and resources also are emphasized and fostered.
Ultimately, we hope that our care and curriculum gives all Safari Learners the confidence to become successful, life-long learners.
We offer the following services:
- Whole and half-day Transitional Kindergarten, Kindergarten – 1st Grade programs (4.9 – 7 years)
- Small classes
- Continuous on-site protection through our Easy Care System and door alarm system
- Webcams available as a window into our facility so you can see your child throughout the day
- Never a need for drastic budget cuts that often affect educational quality
- Zoo-phonics®-based curriculum that meets the needs of ALL children! We teach to the WHOLE child!
- Daily lessons in phonemic awareness, literature, reading, spelling, writing, math, science, social studies, sensory drama, art, music, etc., plus running, hopping, skipping, balance, tossing, throwing and catching through games, activities and gymnastics
- Daily lessons in positive valuing. We catch your child in the act of being TERRIFIC!
- Continual multi-cultural instruction throughout the year
- State-of-the art media center and computer lab on site.
- Field trips and visits from community resources
- Year-round school with days off only for national holidays. No summer breaks!
- After school care available
- Affordable tuition
- A highly trained, caring staff with a director/teacher who has five teaching credentials and four degrees, taught special education for 21 years, co-developed the internationally used Zoo-phonics® Multisensory Language Arts Program, who completed her doctoral courses and research and who is an expert in curriculum, child behavior and child development
For more about our Transitional Kindergarten, Kindergarten – 1st Grade curriculum just click to download our sample lesson plans from the Zoo-phonics® Multisensory Language Arts Program Kindergarten – 1st Grade Manual.
Or contact us to pick up a copy and tour our center.